Beaufort West, Christ Anglican Church
C. & G. Mears (Firm)
Format Extent8 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
Information and photographs of the Christ Anglican Church in Beaufort West. Along the same street in Beaufort West as the Old Town Hall and the DRC, one finds the Christ Anglican Church. This church has been constructed under the architectural guidance of Sophie Gray in 1855. Somewhat uncommon for churches of this architect, the bell tower is a detached iron construction on the right hand side of the church. The bell in the tower is well kept and seemingly loved by the pigeons. In between a pair of double moulding wires one reads C & G MEARS FOUNDERS LONDON 1857 the successors of Thomas Mears whose bells hang in the DRC.
- Beaufort West