Northern Suburbs, Bellville North, Dutch Reformed Church
Petit & Fritsen (Firm)
Format Extent7 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
Nederduits Gereformeerde Kerk in Bellville North: The rather new church has a recent and beautifully cast bell. The bell hangs in a stylized concrete tower, detached from the church. Below the shoulder one first finds a broad decorative band with vineyard leaves. This is followed by two moulding wires and the inscription + + A.D.1955 + + PETIT & FRITSEN AARLE-RIXTEL HOLLAND again followed by a decorative band. On the waist figures the emblem of the foundry. Above the sound bow in between two pairs of moulding wires we read the dedication of the bell “GELEWER DEUR DIE AFRIKAANSE ORREL BOUERS (EDMS.) BEPERK PRETORIA”. Finally, on the lip there are three moulding wires. The bell is in good condition even when it hangs in the open air. The pictures above show the emblem as well as an important word from the dedication.