Southern Suburbs, Claremont, Congregational Church
Format Extent8 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
The Congregational Church in Claremont lies on a very hectic road. The church itself with its thatched roofs is pretty from all sides. It was built in 1840 and enlarged in 1892. On the street side stands a rather high bell tower. In it hangs a good size bell that however does not offer us an idea about its age or about its founder. On one leg of the bell tower hangs a tablet that informs us that the tower has been erected in honour of John Waterhouse who loved to ring the bell when inviting parishioners to the service.