Southern Suburbs, Mowbray, St. Patrick's Catholic Church
Format Extent7 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
The St. Patrick’s Catholic Church at Mowbray was started in 1929 and the bell hangs in an unusual round grey tower that looks like belonging to a castle rather than a church. The small but attractive bell unfortunately doesn’t have any inscriptions that might suggest a founder or a founding year. Below the shoulder are two moulding wires, another two but thick ones above the sound bow and on the nose. The clapper looks like the original one as is it very rusted.