Show simple item record

dc.date.accessioned2019-11-04T08:55:25Z
dc.date.available2019-11-04T08:55:25Z
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10019.2/15460
dc.descriptionThe Nederduits Hervormde Kerk in Vredenburg has a detached bell tower in horseshoe format. The tower houses a rather small but very well kept bell of British origin. Below the shoulder and in between two pairs of moulding wires one finds GILLETT & JOHNSTON. CROYDON, ENGLAND, 1937 Two more moulding wires on the lip end the sparse decorations. This foundry has had a number of different names: William started the business in 1844 and ran it until 1854. Then Charles Gillett and Bland operated in the period 1878 to 1881, Gillett, Bland & Co from 1878 to 1884, Gillett & Co from 1883 until 1892 and finally Gillett & Johnston from 1893 until 1957.en_ZA
dc.titleSaldanha Bay, Vredenburg, Reformed Churchen_ZA
dc.typeImageen_ZA


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record