Swellendam, Anglican Christ Church
John Warner & Sons
Format Extent3 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
Photographs and information on the bell of the Anglican Christ Church in Swellendam. The Anglican Christ Church has an outside tower that is both impressive and unusual in style. According to a commemorative plate on the tower, the belfry was erected through the charity of Emma Steytler (1847-1930) and her friend Harriet Haupt (1837-1930). On the bell itself we find in between the moulding wires at the top the information on the foundry CAST BY JOHN WARNER AND SONS LONDON 1899 and on the front side a dedication that reads as follows: TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN PIOUS MEMORY OF REV: W. BRAMLEY, FOR HIS 24 YEARS RECTOR OF THIS PARISH. The bell looks in excellent condition.
- Swellendam