Cape Town, Company's Gardens
C. & G. Mears (Firm)
Format Extent4 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
Photographs and information on a bell in the Company's Gardens, Cape Town. In the bell tower in the center of the garden hangs a bell from 1853 made by C & G Mears. This bell used to be the old fire-alarm bell from the original town hall on Greenmarket Square. Below the shoulder one finds the inscription band C & G MEARS, FOUNDERS IN LONDON, 1853.