Cape Town, Reddam House School, Sea Point
Gillett & Johnston (Firm)
Format Extent3 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
Photographs and information on the five bells in the tower at Reddam House school in Sea Point, Cape Town. he school has a chime of 5 bells in the tower of the Reddam House (formerly Christian Brothers College) on High Level Road in Sea Point, Cape Town. The bells were founded by Gillett and Johnston, Croydon, Loughborough, UK. The bells are fixed at the ceiling in the open bell chamber and the clappers were replaced by hammers. The set of 5 bells seems to have been completed in 1956 since there is only one bell from 1936, namely number 4. All bells are in an excellent condition. All bells carry the same decoration. At the top two moulding wires followed by GILLETT & JOHNSTON CROYDON ENGLAND Founder's emblem. Further another two and three moulding wires. Finally two moulding wires on the sound bow.