Langeberg, Robertson, Dutch Reformed Church
John Warner & Sons
C. & G. Mears (Firm)
Format Extent4 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
Photographs and information on the bells of the Dutch Reformed Church, Robertson, South Africa. In the tower of the Robertson Dutch Reformed Church there is a set of 5 bells together with a half spherical gong. All bells have been made according to the same profile that only uses moulding wires for decoration. We therefore only include a picture of the bourdon. On the gong there is an inscription CAST BY JOHN WARNER & SONS LONDON 1905. Next to the church stands a classically made bell tower with a large bell. On the bell and in between two pairs of two moulding wires one reads the information on the founder C & G MEARS FOUNDERS LONDON 1854.
- Langeberg