Theewaterskloof, Genadendal, Berea Moravian Church
Gebruder Bachert (Firm)
Format Extent9 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
Photographs and information on the Berea Moravian Church, Genadendal, and its bell. The Berea Moravian Church has a neat horseshoe type bell tower at the end of the right side of the church. The decorations on the bell are simple with the emblem of the yet unknown founder just above the knee, followed by the founding year 1974. On the reverse side in between two moulding wires stands DEIN REICH KOMME. It would be worthwhile to check if there are any further outer Mission stations in the neighborhood that might have a bell. The bell is rather recent and made by Gebrüder BACHERT in Kochendorf, Germany. Already in 1770 Kaspar Bachert started a foundry in Dallau. From then on his children and grandchildren continued the art but in different locations like Kochendorf, Heilbronn and Karsruhe. In 1971 one of these braches joined the Schilling foundry in Heidelberg. The foundries have produced bells, bellsets and carillons all over Germany. More information on the foundry and examples of the production can be found http://www.bachert-glocken.de/seit-1725.html
- Theewaterskloof