Cape Flats, Philippi, Neu-Eisleben Church
Format Extent3 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
Photographs and information on the bell of the Neu-Eisleben Lutheran Church in Philippi. eu-Eisleben Lutheran Church: A Lutheran congregation that merged in 1979 with that in Philippi is Neu-Eisleben. The name Eisleben refers to the place in Germany where Martin Luther was born and died. The congregation in Neu-Eisleben was started on 9 July 1896 by a group of German settlers. In 1946 the Lutherkirche was dedicated and it is not unlikely that the bell was installed around that period. The bell in the tower is neat and seemingly well-made. However, it doesn’t carry any decoration or indication of where and when it has been cast.
- Cape Flats 
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Marloth, R. (Rudolf), 1855-1931 (1932)Plate 59 from The flora of South Africa (vol. 3, part 2) featuring Compositae, Inuleae-Gnaphaliinae, -Athrixiinae, -Buphthalminae & Heliantheae.
Marloth, R. (Rudolf), 1855-1931 (1925)Plate 11 from The flora of South Africa (vol. 2, part 1) featuring Podostemonaceae, Pittosporaceae, Cunoniaceae & Myrothamnaceae.