City Centre, St. Paul's Anglican Church
Format Extent4 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
The St Paul’s Anglican Church congregation in central Cape Town was founded in the 1850’s and was originally housed in Bloemstreet. The current building was inaugurated in 1878. In the tower hangs a bell of moderate size. Unfortunately, the bell is covered with pigeon droppings that makes it entirely impossible to read the inscriptions. On the pictures it is clear that there is some text on the bell. First however the bell needs a serious cleaning before this text can be revealed. It is highly probable that the bell has been made in the UK.