Southern Suburbs, Simon's Town, Dutch Reformed Church
Format Extent6 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
The Nederduits Gereformeerde Kerk in Simon’s Town dates from 1856. It has a bell that is unfortunately covered by leafs on all sides. What can be read on one side is SIMON’S TOWN 1885 while on the other side one reads D.R.C. The reference to the location suggests that the bell has been locally made. It is also remarkable that the founder used the English acronym for a church that is normally considered to be Afrikaans.