Show simple item record

dc.date.accessioned2016-04-05T06:34:24Z
dc.date.available2016-04-05T06:34:24Z
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10019.2/5335
dc.descriptionThe Methodist Congregation dates from 1807 and the Methodist Church from 1828. The church is the oldest in Simon’s Town and the oldest Methodist Church in the whole of South Africa. The church has a bell in a high detached tower but the bell does not seem to carry any decorations or indications about its founder or founding date. The similarity of the bell with that of the nearby St Simon & St Jude’s Catholic Church suggests that also this bell has been made by E.T. at the Simon’s Town Dockyards.en_ZA
dc.format.extent6 colour photographs
dc.format.mediumPhotograph
dc.language.isoenen_ZA
dc.rightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
dc.titleSouthern Suburbs, Simon's Town, Methodist Churchen_ZA
dc.typeImageen_ZA
dc.rights.holderStellenbosch University


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record