Show simple item record

dc.date.accessioned2016-04-05T07:06:04Z
dc.date.available2016-04-05T07:06:04Z
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10019.2/5343
dc.descriptionThe St John Anglican Church in Wynberg has been built in 1884 by George Ransome. The church was enlarged in 1900 by Anthony M De Witt. Next to the church stands a very simple bell tower in which hangs a bell made by Barwell as can be seen from the emblem of the foundry that we have encountered on numerous other bells in the Western Cape. Unfortunately, there is no reference to a date on the bell. From the book The Church on the Hill by C. Vos we learn that the bell was acquired in 1919.en_ZA
dc.format.extent6 colour photographs
dc.format.mediumPhotograph
dc.language.isoenen_ZA
dc.rightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
dc.titleSouthern Suburbs, Wynberg, St. John's Anglican Churchen_ZA
dc.typeImageen_ZA
dc.rights.holderStellenbosch University


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record