Swellendam, St. Luke's Anglican Church
J. Warner & Sons (Firm)
Format Extent7 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
Photographs and information on the bell of St. Luke's Anglican Church in Swellendam. On the Railton side of Swellendam are two churches close to each other. One of them is the very attractive St. Luke’s Anglican Church that has been consecrated in 1874. The bell hangs in a sturdy detached tower a bit away from the church. Because of its height we were unable to get close to the bell. Nevertheless, we have the information on the founder and the founding year. Below the shoulder in between two pairs of moulding wires we find the appropriate information J WARNER & SONS LTD LONDON 1892. Three more moulding wires above the sound bow and two on the lip conclude the decorations on the bell.
- Swellendam